Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mini Dress Form / $0 dollars

Last night I found a tutorial for Dress forms. This was my first try and if you can follow instruction and sew just a little you can make this form. I found the tutorial here:
thediydish.com/2011/10/season-4-how-to-make-a-dress-form-mannequin-pin-cushion/

Watch the video and just under the video is the pattern download. It was pretty easy and I used materials that I had at home. Her neck is an empty spool of thread.
















The base was a wooden candle stick that I had laying around for about a year. You need very little material and a hot glue gun. The girls from the DIY dish tell you what materials you need and just remember to stuff your girl tight with filling and she will come out looking great.



I did add some trim to the bottom and hand stitched it to the finished Dress Form. It took less than an hour to cut, sew, stuff and glue.










I'm looking forward to making more of these girls.


1 comment:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

This is fabulous! A $0 dress form! And it is so cute! Thank you for linking to the Ball!

Carol