Monday, June 8, 2009

AmVets, Estate Sales & Goodwill

I decided to share a few of my thrifty finds from some of my weekend outings. I love to do Estate sales on Sunday's because they are usually 1/2 price on what ever is left. The bench above I go at the Amvet around the corner from our Condo for $2.95. It had glitter glue and stickers on it. I peeled (yes it peels ) off the glitter glue and removed the stickers, did a light sanding and it now sits in my bathroom. I just love it the way it is, but will someday paint it.
The bucket that holds my magazines is an ice cream tub purchases months ago. When the ice cream was gone I saved the bucket and discovered it works perfect for my mag's in the bathroom.

The glass topper I purchased for a $1.00 at Salvation Army as well as the candle holder, also $1.00. I turned both pieces upside down and the picture below is what I got.


It makes a perfect small candy dish and I didn't even have to glue it to the base. There was a hole in the bottom of the candle holder and the glass fit it perfectly.



The birds I purchased at an Estate sale for $3.00, the letter was $1.00 at Target, the tea light holders are from Ikea $.99 cents for 4 and the shelf I bought about 9 years ago for $13.00. I have two shelves and I put them in my bathroom above the towel rack. I love the look. Now I have to find some new towels.





No comments: